Friday 15 April 2016

Scissor box | Terhi Koskinen

Hello all!

Terhi here today sharing my latest mixed media project. Lately I've done mostly layouts, but altered wooden boxes from 13arts store inspired me to do something else too.


I started the process by adding two even layers of white gesso. If you wish to have the wooden color visible, use clear gesso. 
Then I added first layers of embellishments for my scissors cluster. Some old cheese cloth and lace, then more gesso.


The scissors on top of my clustering are found from my husband's Grandmom's childhood home. So cool to give new life to old items.


After adding more embellishments and even more gesso, I let it dry over a night and then started the coloring work with Rainbow colors and lastly with Shiny Powders. 


It was so much fun to do this, so relaxing and calming. Having painty fingers and gesso on your clothes is the best therapy ever.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Terhi xx


13arts products:

1 comment: